McCool Development Solutions (MDS) is a land use consulting firm located in Denver, Colorado, specializing in providing community planning and development solutions for our public and private sector clients throughout the West. We have an immediate opening for a Mid-Level Planner. The ideal candidate to join our small, fun, innovative and interdisciplinary firm must be able to manage a variety of planning and development projects. Primary duties and essential functions include:
- Project manager for development projects, including entitlements and expediting the permitting process for private sector clients.
- Provide support to senior staff in the preparation of comprehensive plans, downtown revitalization plans, land use code updates, design standards, and guidelines, including concept diagrams, high quality illustrative graphics, and testing of regulatory concepts.
- Provide municipal planning services to municipal clients, including development review and performing such duties as set forth in the City’s/Town’s long range planning documents, Zoning Ordinances, Subdivision Regulations, and other applicable City/Town policies and procedures.
- Collection and analysis of data, and research and interpretation of detailed plans and regulatory documents.
- Prepare technical documents, reports, presentations, and other related planning products.
- Involvement in a variety of public and client meetings.
- Business development support consistent with maintaining and growing our Statewide presence.
- Availability to travel post COVID-19 restrictions.
- Degree in planning, urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the planning field.
- AICP Certification preferred, but not required.
- Excellent graphic visualization skills, including plans, renderings, and diagrams.
- Exemplary writing and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences, is a must.
- Demonstrated knowledge of urban planning, land use application review, land development processes, etc., in Colorado.
- Ability to interpret construction documents and knowledge of building codes and planning processes.
- A valid State of Colorado Driver’s License is also required
The position is full-time and available immediately. Our benefits include health insurance with dental, 401(k) contributions, and annual paid time off. Work hours are flexible. Salary is commensurate with experience.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our staff is working from multiple remote locations. However, as the pandemic’s risks decrease, we will follow all federal, state, county, and city public health directives as well as individual employee health considerations regarding timing to bring people back into the office. At that time, all staff will be expected to work on-site a minimum of three days a week.