McCool Development Solutions (MDS) is a land use consulting firm located in Denver, Colorado, specializing in providing community planning and development solutions for our public and private sector clients throughout the West. We are seeking a highly-motivated, energetic Senior Associate who thrives in fast-paced work environments to join our team. The Senior Associate is responsible for a broad range of duties, which include municipal and community planning, urban design, and the provision of entitlement services. The ideal candidate to join our small, fun, innovative, and multifaceted firm must demonstrate an interdisciplinary approach to developing vibrant, livable, and economically successful communities.
Candidates must also have experience managing and juggling a variety of diverse projects and interacting with public and private sector clients. Anticipated responsibilities include:
- Project management, including direct client contact and coordination with principals and directing associate staff.
- Preparation of comprehensive plans, downtown revitalization plans, land use code updates, design standards and guidelines including concept diagrams, high quality illustrative graphics, and testing of regulatory concepts.
- Provide municipal planning services to municipal clients, including development review and performing such duties as set forth in the City’s/Town’s long range planning documents, Zoning Ordinances, Subdivision Regulations, and other applicable City/Town policies and procedures.
- Project Lead for development projects and management of the entitlement and permitting process for private sector clients.
- Collection and analysis of data, and research and interpretation of detailed plans and regulatory documents.
- Prepare technical documents, presentations, and other related planning products.
- Conduct business development activities consistent with maintaining and growing our Statewide presence.
- Availability to travel post COVID-19 restrictions.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, urban design, landscape architecture, or closely related field.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant work experience in the planning field.
- Excellent design skills and be highly proficient in AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUP, or other graphic programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of urban planning, land use application review, and land development processes, etc., in Colorado.
- A capacity for effective teamwork and exemplary writing and presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical audiences are essentials for this position.
- A valid State of Colorado Driver’s License is also required.
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Master’s degree in planning, urban design, landscape architecture, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in land use consulting and supervisory experience in municipal planning.
- AICP certification is highly desirable.
The position is full-time and available immediately. Our benefits include health insurance with dental, 401(k) contributions, and annual paid time off. Work hours are flexible. Salary is commensurate with experience.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our staff is working from multiple remote locations. However, as the pandemic’s risks decrease, we will follow all federal, state, county, and city public health directives as well as individual employee health considerations regarding timing to bring people back into the office. At that time, all staff will be expected to work on-site a minimum of three days a week.