Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
For over 50 years, Bayer Becker has provided the highest quality professional design services for the land development industry in Greater Cincinnati area. We are committed to excellence and providing our employees with an opportunity to work on impactful projects as part of a highly skilled and dynamic team.
As a Planner with Bayer Becker, you have the unique position to help shape the development of communities in Greater Cincinnati. The region is growing faster than ever. Now is your chance to be a part of that growth. Leave your mark!
Our firm offers Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, and Planning services for projects that cover a wide range of market sectors.
Our team is bound together by core values of Integrity, Quality, Service and Continuous Improvement. We don’t just post them on our wall - we live them every day, every project.
Bayer Becker offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, HSA, 401(K), paid vacations and holidays, professional training, a profit sharing program and much more.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution with major coursework in Urban Planning
- Masters degree is a plus
- Technical skills including demonstrated strong proficiencies in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suites, ArcMap, Sketchup, 3D Modeling, MS Office, and hand-generated graphics
- Experience with creating conceptual design utilizing electronic capabilities (drawing, image editing, and 3D animation) using tablet, computer and hand generated sketches
- Proficiency in writing skills and graphics
- Prepare due diligence reports and zoning summaries
- Evaluate site conditions including infrastructure, access, wetlands, natural aspects, soils, and other factors impacting a site
- Fully participate in internal and external charrettes
- Translate ideas from sketches, plans, specifications, and written and verbal instruction into complete and accurate working plans
- Assist in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final document preparations
- Analyze facts involved in the land-use decision-making process
- Conduct technical research
- Interpret and apply department policies and procedures
- Organize, prioritize, and independently perform work assignments
- Support numerous projects with client deadlines in a fast paced office environment
- Plan writing and project management
- Knowledge of planning at the local and state level
- Knowledge of key principales of city and regional planning and urban design
- Experience land use planning, comprehensive planning, corridor plans and site planning
- Strong background in design