Freelance Instructor: Public Health
We are seeking an experienced practitioner or instructor to teach 2-4 hour-long courses focusing on the intersections of public health and planning.
About Planetizen Courses
Planetizen Courses is the leading source of online professional training for the urban planning community. We offer hundreds of online courses on a wide range of topics from law and ethics to software and programming. Have a look at https://courses.planetizen.com.
Our mission is to provide online training for an impactful urban planning career. We accomplish this goal by collaborating with leading professionals and instructors to create high quality video courses, available online, anytime, anywhere.
- Minimum 3 years of teaching or presentation experience.
- Minimum 3 years of planning, or related experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with the topic(s) you propose to teach.
- Prepared curriculum. (Ideally, you are already teaching the topic, and can deliver a similar course for Planetizen.)
- If teaching about a software product, the Instructor should have a functional, licensed copy of the software for demonstration.
- Excellent computer and Internet literacy.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Participate in an initial orientation meeting.
- Prepared a course outline in consultation with the Planetizen Courses Producer.
- Work with the Planetizen Courses Producer to determine appropriate images, video and other materials.
- Participate in two course planning meetings with the Planetizen Courses Producer.
- Record video courses remotely or at Planetizen's video studio in Los Angeles, California.
- Prepare a multiple choice quiz for each course.
- Courses must be completed within 60 days of the project start date.
- Compensation is based on a per course hour basis, and based on teaching experience.
- Instructors receive visibility on the Planetizen Courses website.
Please submit the following to Olga Serhijchuk, Producer, Planetizen Courses, via email, [email protected]:
- Your resume.
- A one-paragraph summary for each course you propose to teach.
- A 1-minute audio and video recording of yourself discussing any topic. (This could be recorded using a smartphone or any inexpensive camera. We're not looking for video quality, just your presentation style.)
Thanks for your potential interest in becoming a Planetizen Instructor.