Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
About Strategic Economics
Strategic Economics is an urban, regional, and real estate economics consulting firm dedicated to creating just, equitable, and resilient communities. We create high quality work products that are both innovative and implementable based on close collaboration with our clients and the communities they serve. Our clients include public agencies, developers, and non-profit organizations seeking to understand the economic context for planning and development related policies, programs, and investments.
Strategic Economics is committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum professional development based on individual career goals for all employees. We seek to provide a comfortable, collaborative, progressive, and inclusive workplace that encourages open communication and exchanges of ideas. Strategic Economics recognizes that our work is strengthened when our team’s diversity reflects that of the communities in which we work. We seek to attract a diverse candidate pool and encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities. Strategic Economics is an equal opportunity employer.
Our 12-person firm is located in Berkeley, California. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our staff is working from multiple remote locations. However, as the pandemic’s risks decrease, we will follow all federal, state, county, and city public health directives as well as individual employee health considerations regarding timing to bring people back into the office. At that time, all staff will be expected to work on-site a minimum of three days a week.
You can find more information about the firm on our website: www.strategiceconomics.com.
Strategic Economics seeks to fill the following position:
Strategic Economics is looking for an experienced person with strong project management and leadership skills combined with experience in some combination of the following areas to join our senior staff: city planning, real estate economics, economic development/ regional economics, and public finance. The Senior Associate will manage a variety of consulting projects that may include real estate market analysis; development feasibility (pro forma) analysis; fiscal impact analysis; economic development strategies; housing policy studies; infrastructure finance; and plan implementation strategies.
The following skills and experience are required:
- At least five years of professional experience in real estate and urban economics analysis.
- Experience with project management, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Expertise in conducting and supervising technical analyses in one or more of the following areas: real estate market and feasibility analysis, public finance, fiscal impact analysis, economic development., local and regional economic analyses.
- A master’s degree in city planning, real estate, business administration, public policy, or a related field.
- Strong writing, technical, and communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and some familiarity with ESRI GIS software.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and capabilities:
- Project management: the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines; generate and adhere to work plans, budgets, and schedules; manage, train, and supervise junior staff; develop methodologies for technical analysis; supervise research, analysis and report writing, and maintain client relationships.
- Communication and Presentation: the capacity to translate technical data and analysis into presentations and reports comprehensible to a wide audience; make public presentations to clients, community groups, and the public.
- Marketing and Business Development: the ability to evaluate requests for proposals and qualifications; write competitive proposals; and represent the firm at client interviews and conferences.
The position is full-time and available immediately. Our benefits include health insurance with dental, 401(k) contributions, and annual paid time. We also offer a stipend for professional development. Work hours are flexible. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to [email protected]. Only applicants meeting the required qualifications for the position will be considered.
Strategic Economics is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all applicants with the above stated qualifications to submit requested documents for consideration.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
****THE POSTER WILL NOT REPLY TO EMAILS UNLESS THE APPLICANT IS CHOSEN AS A CANDIDATE****