Camiros is looking for a Senior Associate to join our Chicago office. Preferred candidates for this position will have between 5-10 years of experience, ideally with at least three years of private sector consulting experience. The ideal candidate will be able to manage a variety of planning and design projects while creating and leading innovative public engagement and stakeholder discussions.
- Project management, including direct client contact and coordination with principals and directing associate staff
- Involvement in a variety of public and client-facing interactions
- Preparation of master plans including site plans and urban district plans which include land use programming, organization of circulation/transportation elements, and articulation of urban form.
- Preparation zoning code components, including concept diagrams, high quality illustrative graphics, GIS mapping, and testing of regulatory concepts
- Research and analysis of precedents and best practices in support of a variety of planning, regulatory, and design projects
- Collection and analysis of data, and research and interpretation of detailed plans and regulatory documents
- Active participation in the firm’s promotional activities, including preparation of proposals and presentations
- The ability to multitask and pivot between varying projects and disciplines
- Once travel resumes, the availability to travel
- Degree in planning, urban design, architecture or landscape architecture
- 5-10 years of experience, preferably including experience in private sector consulting
- Skills in a range of technical analysis and design software, including but not limited to Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, and ArcGIS
- Excellent graphic visualization skills, including plans, renderings, and diagrams
- The ability to clearly articulate your ideas to a broad audience both in writing and speaking
Please forward your resume, along with a portfolio highlighting graphic and written ability (as a small pdf or a web link only), and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Arista Strungys. In light of current circumstances, please be sure that your cover letter addresses your ability to begin working remotely.