Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and analyze land development applications; perform related follow-up required to process and record Notices of Decision.
- Prepare written (and verbal as may be required) presentations of findings related to land development applications to the Planning Board as required.
- Provide email-based, front counter and telephone customer service assistance fielding general inquiries and ensuring accurate referrals as appropriate.
- Provide staffing support to the City Planner and Department Head in performing comprehensive technical reviews of existing or proposed ordinances, studies, long/short term plans, analysis, assessments and other such materials as may be assigned.
- Assist in formatting, publishing, and distributing site maps that deal with existing and proposed community planning programs or site plan identification, that requires use of GIS, Google Earth, and other map-making software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning, architecture, urban design, geography or related discipline. Two years of experience in urban planning or related field.
- Valid MA driver’s license with good driving record.
Resumes will only be accepted with an employment application, which must be completed in full, in order to be considered for this position.
For required application and complete job description, please visit:
The completed application should be emailed to: [email protected].
New Bedford has a residency requirement per the City Code of Ordinances.
The City of New Bedford, MA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.