Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Senior Urban Planner
FNI is a well-known, award-winning professional consulting firm with an outstanding reputation and culture. We serve municipalities across the Southwest and Southeast United States. It is the first engineering/architecture firm to receive the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and is Fortune Magazine’s Top 100 Best Medium Workplaces – No. 19.
Freese and Nichols, Inc. (FNI) is currently searching for a highly-motivated, well-rounded Project Manager in our Urban Planning and Design Group in Pearland, Texas.
This position requires a detailed-oriented planner who manages projects and serves our clients on a variety of planning projects including comprehensive plans, small area plans, downtown plans, campus master plans and codes and ordinances. Candidate should have outstanding written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate would have 10+ years’ experience in the urban planning field working with municipalities.
Working closely with an outstanding group of planners and multi-discipline team members, candidate will work in a collaborative environment to lead projects, pursue projects, and grow as a professional
- Work in a collaborative environment as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Act as project manager responsible for a variety of planning projects.
- Lead and facilitate public meetings and City Council meetings.
- Oversee technical content and formulate plans in a concise, well-written document.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a project to ensure high-quality work that fits within a client’s budget and expectations.
- Support business development efforts by networking and building trusting relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Draft proposal approaches to assist with marketing pursuits.
- Be willing to travel as needed to meet project commitments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Architecture or related field required. Master’s degree in Urban Planning desired.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience, ideally with some oversight skills of projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. Mapping and graphic skills desired.
- Strong writing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization capabilities.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and manage a project team and oversee excellent quality of work.
- Work with or in a municipal planning department or consulting firm desirable.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) credential required. Congress of New Urbanism, LEED AP or similar accreditation is a plus.
Freese and Nichols is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.