Planner - Urban & Regional Planning
SUMMARY: Assists and coordinates with staff regarding the review of development related applications, creates ordinance amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, Land Development code and code of Ordinances and processes Board of Adjustment applications.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in municipal urban planning field, and four (4) years of work experience involving municipal urban planning/land development responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current land development practices, zoning and subdivision principles, site plan review and environmental planning (FEMA – National Flood Insurance Program).
- Skill in the use small office equipment, including copy machines or multi-line telephone systems.
- Skill in using computers for data entry.
- Skill in using computers for word processing and/or accounting purposes.
- Skill in using highly technical computer applications, such as GIS or CAD.
- Ability to communicate and organize effectively.
- Ability to compare and/or judge the readily observable functional, technical, structural, compositional or identifiable characteristics (whether similar to or divergent from obvious standards) of data, people or things.
- Ability to communicate with people from all walks of life in a clear and professional manner; maintain constructive working relationships; to convey or exchange information, and to maintain constructive exchanges with individuals that may be upset and/or emotional.
- Ability to read a variety of professional, technical and administrative documentation, directions, instructions, methods and procedures.