Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
Our San Luis Obispo office offers a unique work environment and specializes in CEQA, Transportation, Water, and other business lines.
Responsible for all aspects of project execution, including conducting historic resources surveys and archival research, historic building assessments, architectural view-shed studies, preparing historic context statements, evaluating resources under National Register of Historic Places significance criteria, and preparation of historic resources technical reports, and nominations to the National Register of Historic Places and the State Register of Cultural Properties.
The role will be to provide assistance for projects ranging from technical studies in support of CEQA and Section 106 compliance, historic resource evaluations and nominations, Secretary of the Interior's Standards project review, and a number of other projects related to preservation planning and policy.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in architectural history, historic preservation or a closely related field required; Master's degree preferred
- A working knowledge of federal and state cultural resource and historic preservation laws and practices, including Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and [State] HPD requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in cultural resources management required
- Experience recording architectural resources on architectural inventory forms
- Individual must meet Secretary of the Interior's Professional Qualifications Standards (36 Code of Federal Regulations, CFR Part 61)
- Previous field experience recording, evaluating and reporting on architectural resources
- Experience with application of The Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation (36 CFR Part 67) and Historic American Buildings Survey/Historic American Engineering Record documentation and procedures are preferred
- Experience working on National Register Nominations preferred
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email [email protected] or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.