Senior Planner (Current Planning)
- Master's degree in planning, engineering, architecture, economics, political science, historic preservation or public administration field.
- Two (2) years of professional level urban planning experience.
- A bachelor's degree in a specified field plus four (4) years of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
LICENSE and/or CERTIFICATION(S):
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY(IES):
- Architectural plan review skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effective oral/written communication skills.
- MS Office or similar software skills.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification is a plus.
Sustainable Development and Construction-Current Planning: Primary responsibilities include reviewing and processing zoning applications including site visits; research; providing information on the application to the public via email, phone, or in meetings; formulating a preliminary staff recommendation; presenting the case at staff review meeting; creating the property owner notification and case report for City Plan Commission (CPC) and City Council; presenting the case at the CPC briefing and public hearing; communicating with other departments and outside agencies. Other duties include assisting with general zoning inquiries and the intake of zoning applications. Individuals should have a basic knowledge of the development process and some knowledge of geographic information systems and must have the ability to do research in an orderly and timely manner, have the ability to analyze data, abstract problems and issues, and have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a wide variety of people.
Open: September 6, 2020 through September 26, 2020