The Altum Group is seeking a Senior Environmental Planner/Senior Planner, Project Manager, and/or Planning Manager (depending upon qualifications) whose duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Help direct, manage and implement The Altum Group’s growing practice throughout southern California.
- Market existing and new clients and make strong contributions to sales of new CEQA/NEPA, and/or planning services on an annual basis.
- Identify and develop new clients and opportunities.
- Prepare effective technical proposals.
- Take an active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients.
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Direct and prepare CEQA/NEPA documents including initial studies, negative declarations/mitigated negative declarations, environmental impact reports, environmental assessments, environmental impact statements, mitigation monitoring and reporting programs, exemptions/exclusions, and supporting technical studies.
- Direct and prepare a variety of planning documents (e.g., Specific Plans, Precise Plans, General Plan Amendments, Community Plan Amendments, etc.).
- Manage Planning Entitlements for multi-disciplinary projects, oversee multiple projects simultaneously within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Provide leadership in managing staff performance, recruiting and retention, and mentoring personnel for overall success of staff.
The Altum Group is seeking a candidate who is self-motivated and demonstrates the following experience, education, and skills:
- 6-15 years of environmental planning and permitting experience successfully coordinating and managing CEQA/NEPA document preparation and environmental permitting;
- 6 – 15 years of planning experience successfully managing urban planning, land development entitlements, short-range and/or long-range planning projects;
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in environmental science, ecology, planning, natural resources, public policy, or a related field;
- Master’s degree in environmental science, ecology, planning, natural resources, public policy, or a related field is desired but is not a requirement;
- Experience on a variety of project types is desired, including, but not limited to urban land development, infrastructure (transportation, water, wastewater), mining, power generation, and/or renewable energy;
- Strong working knowledge with CEQA/NEPA compliance and demonstrated discretionary permitting including the following:
- Section 7/Section 10 Consultations (US Fish and Wildlife Service)
- Clean Water Act permitting Sections 404 (US Army Corps of Engineers) and 401 Water Quality Certifications (Regional Water Quality Control Board)
- Streambed Alteration Agreements (CA Department of Fish & Wildlife)
- Incidental Take Permits (CA Department of Fish & Wildlife)
- CUP/MUP Permit Application Process Experience with cities and counties.
- Background in urban planning, land development entitlements, short-range and/or long-range planning and/or urban design are skill sets that are desired but are not minimum requirements for the position;
- Background in public outreach and/or facilitating and organizing public meetings are skill-sets that are desired but are not minimum requirements for the position;
- Proven business development experience for small to large-size projects/programs/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business, including established contacts in the Southern California area;
- Successful experience as a Project Manager of small to large environmental planning and/or planning projects;
- Proven effective communication, both orally and in writing;
- Customer focused, to understand and appropriately respond to client’s business needs;
- Demonstrated effective resource planning, results delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent analytic and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to problem-solve;
- Proven ability to work successfully in a team environment;
- Effective leadership qualities; and
- Positive attitude.
Salary will be commensurate with experience coupled with opportunity for growth. Compensation will include a comprehensive benefits package (vacation, sick, health insurance, vision/dental insurance, life insurance, long term care and 401(k)).
To Apply: Email your cover letter, resume, and professional job references (3 to 5 references)