TDOT Director of Long Range Planning
The mission of the TDOT Long Range Planning Division is to play an active role in planning transportation strategies that improve safety, increase mobility, and encourage economic development in Tennessee.
- Manages overall leadership and direction for the Long Range Planning division including the scheduling of major projects and the division’s budget.
- Provides coordination and technical assistance for the development and maintenance of TDOT’s Long Range Transportation Plan.
- Oversees administration of various programs and funding including Rural Public Organizations, Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ), Transportation Demand Management programs, the State Planning and Research program (SPR), and overall grants management of the division.
- Interacts with Division Directors, Chief Engineer, Community Relations, Bureau of Environment and Planning, Bureau of Administration and Commissioner’s Office to develop or improve existing policies and procedures.
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- 10 years of full-time multimodal transportation and/or planning experience with DOTs, MPOs, regional or local governments, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of supervisory experience required
For more information on this opportunity and instructions for how to apply, please see web link: https://www.tdot.tn.gov/PublicDocuments/hr/LongRangePlanningDirectorAnnouncement-2020.pdf