Senior Urban Designer
Perkins and Will San Francisco is seeking a Senior Urban Designer!
Credentialed or licensed professional responsible for providing design and technical leadership and project coordination, including documentation. Responsibilities include development of design, documentation, and leading project team coordination and resource assignments for projects which may be multiple, large or complex in scope.
Essential Job Functions Design
- Responsible for the development of a project across design and project management, or in collaboration with a project designer.
Advanced understanding and experience in application of planning and design principles and methods of project design and delivery.
Promotes firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, sustainability and resilience.
Makes authoritative decisions, negotiates critical issues, with a high degree of judgment in collaboration with Project Designer and other senior members of the project team.
- Directs the production of all project documents from initial concept to deliverables.
- Maintains awareness of evolving technical and legal issues pertaining to urban design and city planning.
- Understands and coordinates engineering systems relevant to projects.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of reports, reviews completed reports, plans, and calculations.
- Generates master plans and guidelines, and other deliverables across project types, delivering complete, accurate and coordinated project documentation.
- Assures execution of and assists with quality control activities for all project elements.
- Ensures tasks are completed according to the Perkins&Will standards and UD Project Delivery Manual
- Establishes project budget, task schedule and other components of the project work plan as or in collaboration with project manager.
- Directs production of master plan (or other deliverable platform) documents, drawings and specifications in compliance with project scope, schedule and cost.
- Implements meeting objectives, facilitates meetings and provides meeting notes documentation.
- Maintains contact with clients, consultants and other key project contacts during all project phases.
- May participate in marketing, client and owner presentations.
- Directs, organizes and mentors junior staff with responsibility oversight of their assignments.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Professional Degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Planning
- 10+ years
- Advanced understanding of urban design principles and theory associated with project design and execution
- Knowledge of GIS, Rhino
- Knowledge of PlanMetrics and other UD platforms
- Strong graphic design skills and advanced knowledge of graphic design applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and professional work ethic LEED AP or within 6 months of hire AICP Certification or equivalent (ARE, CLARB)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities