Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Land Use Planner
Planning and Development Services - Data Group
The Land Use Planner within the Data Group would be responsible for data analysis, processing, & maintenance issues related to the Planning & Development Services (PDS) Department ; maintains close coordination and relationship with the Information Technology (IT) Department and other departments to assure integration of all PDS related systems with City-wide Management Information Systems (MIS) goals and objectives. Acts as departmental representative in the planning, development and implementation of a variety of data systems including Land Management/Permitting/Monitoring Software as a Service (SaaS), Geographic Information Systems (GIS), 311 Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Department Website Administration, and file and plan set electronic retention, digitizing & archiving. Provides project management for specified automated system projects.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Building and maintaining the City's development data on land management/permitting databases and SaaS, and on the City's GIS platform;
- Serving as the Department's GIS technician, cartographer and land use spatial analyst;
- Updating and maintaining all demographic data for use by all City departments and the public, and supporting data and analysis needs of current and long-range planning, and Development Services;
- Responding to all local, regional and state data requests, reports and surveys;
- Preparing ‘infographics' & yearly reports for land use, development and other trend data;
- Administration of the Department's website, facilitate 'open government' and 'open data' efforts;
- Serving as the Department's technologist and representative to citywide information technology efforts and keeping abreast of new data products and/or releases;
- Working closely with managers and the Director to implement process improvements with existing software systems and new emerging technologies;
- Developing strategies and tools that will assist in maintaining and accessing data in order to improve process streamlining.