Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Manager of Program Management
UrbanTrans manages industry-leading commuter behavior change programs throughout North America. The successful candidate will be expected to tackle managerial and operational duties for the department, work on a variety of projects, and help lead business development. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT • Maintain high-level yet structured oversight of all departmental activities, projects, and associated variables such as staffing, resources, budgets, needs, and projectspecific key performance indicators • Provide supervision and guidance to direct reports • Update labor forecasts for direct departmental reports quarterly, and report on billability for direct reports monthly to ensure both department and direct reports are meeting billable targets • Function as an active participant in company-wide meetings, including taking an active role in leading departmental meetings • Assist in department strategic planning and evaluation • Participate in company-wide strategic planning and policy development • Offer direct support to the department manager(s)/director(s) as well as the wider company management team • Provide problem-solving and problem-prevention efforts department-wide • Assist with determining departmental/specialty staffing needs, identifying new employees, and the general hiring process • Assist in the research, identification, and implementation of innovative tools and processes for the department
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT • Maintain and strengthen relationships with key clients and partner firms • Establish new relationships with potential clients and staff at partner firms • Responsible for tracking departmental business development opportunities, RFPs, RFQs, and other relevant activities • Monitor industry and regional statistics/applications and follow trends in trade literature • Actively seek out speaking appearances and other opportunities to positively represent the company • Ability to pitch project and team proposals on behalf of the company
PROJECT MANAGEMENT • Project management including budgeting, labor, staff oversight, contract management, etc. • Maintain regular client relations to ensure seamless project management • Considered an expert in primary skill set within the department; leading strategy, leading analysis, providing QA/QC on all deliverables, ensuring they are thoroughly researched, prepared, and technically and grammatically correct • Developing and delivering innovative, in-depth commuter programming
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required, and an advanced degree is highly desirable
- Ten or more years of full-time professional experience related to program management, customer service, communications, public relations, and/or community outreach
- Five or more years of direct experience in project management, business development, and departmental management
- Project management certification is highly desirable
- Experience in and understanding of behavior change programs is highly desirable
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Strong project coordination, customer service, communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills to work efficiently and closely with various audiences as well as within multiple project teams • Ability to contribute to strategy development, implementation, and problem solving • Strong project management skills including, but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, leadership, communication, quality control, critical thinking, risk management, and task management • Strong computer skills including knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office and CRM tools • Ability to engage professionally with executive-level contacts and clients, including presentations and public speaking • The successful candidate must also possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong aptitude for membership and partnership development • Must be able to work independently and productively in an open office environment with a dog-friendly policy • Our expertise can carry us all over the country and sometimes the world. Traveling is required for this position.
Other Requirements: Valid Driver’s License and Passport
Please send a resume and cover letter to Aaron Gaul at [email protected]. In your cover letter, be sure to include a quick paragraph or two about how you see your skills being applied to the job overview and overall mission of UrbanTrans.
We appreciate all applicants; however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. The position will remain open until filled.
UrbanTrans North America (UrbanTrans) is a woman operated and owned transportation consulting firm with offices in Atlanta, Toronto, Denver, and Los Angeles. Our energetic firm is made up of complementary and collaborative industry experts. We share a common desire to deliver exceptional work to our clients and our communities. We believe that increasing the availability and viability of convenient travel choices for all benefits communities, employers, developers, and citizens by reducing transportation infrastructure spending, alleviating congestion, and improving air quality. Our mission is to create sustainable environments by developing and advancing innovative transportation solutions.
We create sustainable environments by developing and advancing innovative transportation solutions. We believe that increasing the availability and viability of convenient travel choices for all benefits communities, employers, developers, and citizens by reducing transportation infrastructure spending, alleviating congestion, and improving air quality. UrbanTrans specializes in transportation demand management (TDM) program development and delivery. This includes organizational development, stakeholder engagement and partnerships, complete behavioral marketing services, market-based policy development, as well as multi-modal and active transportation planning.