Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Development Strategies is seeking to add a talented Project Planner with 3 to 5 years of experience to its team.
We are a multidisciplinary firm that improves communities by guiding and shaping investments in real estate, economy, and community, policy, and place. We have a passion for cities, innovation, storytelling, and equity that permeates our practice and our plans. We are a team of strategists, planners, and project managers that take a holistic approach in formulating plans for downtowns, districts, corridors, and cities; as well as private development.
The candidate will serve as a project planner for planning and development studies, and work on projects ranging from development strategies for downtowns, districts, and corridors, to citywide and institutional strategic and comprehensive plans.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Community engagement, including public speaking, presentations, and small group facilitation
- Writing, including technical memos, reports, and plan documents
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis, presentation of data in creative and illustrative ways, and working with the team to synthesize analysis into strategy
- Work with the project team to develop presentations, engagement materials, reports, and final plan documents
- Work with senior staff to carry out certain project management duties, including managing planning and production deadlines, developing and maintaining client relationships, and coordinating with other consultants
The ideal candidate will have:
- A masters in Planning or a related field
- AICP certification or a willingness to take the exam
- An ability to think holistically and synthesize information
- A willingness to work with a team to story-tell
- Familiarity with a variety of community engagement techniques and meeting facilitation, or a willingness to learn
- An eagerness to listen to client feedback and formulate plans that balance community desires with market, economic, policy, and physical analysis
- Self-motivation to expand their practice
- An appreciation for writing, speech, and graphic design as important modes of communication
- Familiarity with both Microsoft and Adobe Suites
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and project samples to: [email protected]