Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Consulting Urban Planner (Customer Success Manager)
As a planner, do you love working with clients and helping them realize their vision? Instead of working on a few projects at a time, what if your work could influence the outcomes for hundreds of projects per year? If you want to scale the impact that you make, UrbanFootprint would love to talk with you.
UrbanFootprint is the world’s first Urban Intelligence platform. Our web-based software combines thousands of curated data sets, models, and powerful analytics with a SimCity-for-real scenario building toolset to answer questions and provide insights to users from government, enterprise, and academic institutions into questions in urban planning, finance, mobility, sustainability, policy making, healthcare, and disaster preparedness. We are a mission-driven company focused on improving cities the world over. This is an exciting opportunity to join a startup with enormous potential to make an impact.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will report to the Director of Customer Success to help our customers apply UrbanFootprint to their planning challenges. You will work with customers to train them on the software, understand their project goals, and map out how they can produce better planning outcomes using UrbanFootprint. The ideal candidate will have a broad planning background with project management experience in land use and/or transportation planning at all scales.
- Train and nurture customers to be successful in their use of the UrbanFootprint platform
- Manage accounts to identify and proactively address any issues that impact the adoption, use, and expansion of the software
- Identify high-value opportunities and reach key decision-makers/influencers at your accounts
- Liaise between internal departments (engineering, product management, services), and your customers to ensure that we are addressing product issues in a timely manner.
- Update and manage all success activities, opportunities, and account information in StrikeDeck
- Develop programs to increase our customer’s use of the software
- 5+ years of experience as an urban planner
- 3+ years of client management experience
- Strong “planning presence” and are able to have deep and broad conversations on planning best practices using UrbanFootprint and can establish credibility with planners, architects, environmental analysts, developers, and public sector planners
- Fundamental understanding of and passion for the sustainability and resilience of cities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (phone, email, & text)
- Must be coachable and a collaborative team player
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative in highly dynamic environments
- Working knowledge of common GIS platforms
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
- Highly motivated and willing to take intelligent risks