Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
About the Company
Economic & Planning Systems, Inc. (EPS) is an innovative land use consulting firm distinct in our ability to understand and creatively resolve complex challenges related to land use policy, real estate investment, and governmental organization. Since 1983 we have served a wide variety of private and public sector clients throughout the United States with an emphasis on fiscal, economic and environmental sustainability. The firm has four offices located in Oakland, Los Angeles, Sacramento, and Denver. For more information, please visit our website at www.epsys.com
EPS’s is seeking to fill the full-time position of Senior Associate Consultant in its Downtown Los Angeles office. The Senior Associate will work as a member of a team to complete consulting assignments, often serving as the Project Manager. The Senior Associate will work with a range of analytical methods and models related to real estate feasibility, revitalization/redevelopment, public finance, fiscal and economic impacts, land use policy, and regional economic development. The Senior Associate must be able to plan and execute multiple projects and manage time accordingly to meet client needs and deadlines, as well as represent EPS during client interactions, public presentations, and marketing efforts. The Senior Associate will also be expected to actively work on proposals to pursue new project opportunities.
Ideal Senior Associate candidates understand the principles of urban economics and how real estate market forces, public policy, and infrastructure financing interact. The ideal candidate will also have experience in project management and proposal writing.
- Master’s degree in economics, city and regional planning, public policy, public administration, business administration, or another related field (or bachelor’s degree and substantial work experience).
- 3+ years’ relevant work experience.
- A solid understanding of the real estate development process.
- Strong analytical, writing, and communication skills to explain the methods and results of analysis.
- Project management experience.
- Familiarity with proposal preparation.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Compensation—Salary: DOE.
- Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, Disability, Group Life/AD&D, vacation/personal time, and paid holidays.
EPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please send résumé and cover letter to [email protected]