Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Performs routine and complex administrative, technical, and professional work in the fields of planning, public administration or economic development. Performs administrative, professional, and technical work involving various elements of the City planning and zoning processes; performs planning functions to include land use studies, processing of subdivision proposals and rezoning requests, and other City activities as directed; and implements and oversees grant programs and other development activity as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in planning or urban studies or related field. Masters degree and/or two (2) years experience in planning preferred but not required.
Thorough knowledge of community planning, community or economic development and public administration processes, practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated mastery of the methods of conducting research and field surveys required for the collection, tabulation and evaluation of data.
- Knowledge of Community Development Block Grant Program
- Must have working knowledge in use of computers. GIS applications are a plus.
- Skill in writing grant proposals.
- Skill in reading, understanding and interpreting the intent and purpose of federal grant programs and regulations.
- Skill in project management, planning, and scheduling
- Skill in reading and interpreting legal property descriptions and plat maps.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and keep accurate records.
- Iowa residency within 30 air miles of City Hall required.