Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
TL Project Manager, New Mobility
TL Project Manager, New Mobility (20190832)
TransLink has created a New Mobility Team which is spearheading TransLink's innovation practices in new mobility. New mobility leverages developments in shared, automated, connected and electric mobility, communications and payment technology, travel demand management and user experience research within a multi-modal and multi-partner environment.
Our innovation practices include establishing an open innovation infrastructure engaging both internal and external innovators. The evolving innovation infrastructure is composed of programs for pilots, demonstrations and innovation calls, with a wide array of communication interfaces for ideation including events, roundtables, working groups, and an engagement web portal.
The New Mobility Team are responsible for ideation, evaluation, and implementation of new ideas. To succeed, the New Mobility Team need to maintain rich and frequent communication with various parts of TransLink's functional areas, as well as with external private and academic sector actors. The ultimate goal is to keep TransLink innovative in a rapidly changing mobility landscape, in order to enable seamless and efficient door-to-door mobility for people and goods, ensure affordable and equitable access for all, and promote safe, healthy, clean and compact communities.
The Project Manager for this position will primarily work in one of two work streams:
-Managing projects in development, piloting, evaluation and implementation of new mobility options, new partnerships, and business models to deliver a seamless user-focused end-to-end mobility experience. Current and planned projects/pilots include a TransLink-managed vanpool program, on-demand flexible micro-transit, integrated mobile payment, trip planning and rewards/incentives for multiple service providers on a single "Mobility as a Service' platform/account. Several other pilots within new mobility is in the pipeline. A candidate with operational experience from business development and running real trials and/or developing new concepts on the ground will have the right fit for the job.
- Managing ideation, outreach, and partnership development with the private, public, and academic sectors. The intake of new ideas is the fuel necessary for us to keep innovating. The New Mobility Team is running several projects to attract these ideas from both external stakeholders as well as our own staff. The New Mobility Team is also responsible for keep building a robust innovation infrastructure inside the Enterprise making ideation, evaluation, funding and realization of these ideas as effective as possible. This workstream has a high share of engagement and external communication. A candidate with high emotional intelligence comfortable with convening discussions and forming concrete outcomes in complex and multi-stakeholders environments will have the right fit for the job.
- Manages and provides support to complex, large scope projects, providing technical structured decision-analysis and decision-making expertise to the planning, finance, and operation projects and initiatives across the enterprise.
- Performs all aspects of project management, including developing project specifications, schedules, and work plans, and defines deliverables, ensuring compliance with Department standards, policies and procedures. Develops project plans, ensuring alignment to Program goals, prepares, monitors and tracks project budgets.
- Contributes as a member of a program team, identifying and recommending/taking action on project-related risks and opportunities, alerting Manager to critical issues. Identifies and resolves project issues such as those related to scheduling, resourcing, cost-overruns, conflicting agendas and technical issues.
- Collaborates with leaders across the organization, with a view to scoping out project requirements and moving forward on achievement of project deliverables, troubleshooting and resolving problems as required. Conducts technical/policy research and analysis; prepares reports and presentations.
- Develops and manages relationships with stakeholders to understand needs, keep them informed and resolve moderate issues. Provides technical support and advice to municipal/provincial working teams and advisory committees.
- Manages external work relationships with contractors and consultants, providing work direction and monitoring contract compliance and internal relationships with project teams, providing project–related guidance and work direction, and providing input to performance management.
Education and Experience:
- The competencies for the position would be acquired through a Master's degree in public policy, engineering or a related discipline, plus five (5) years' experience including project management accountability and structured decision analysis in an agency specializing in planning or transportation.
- Advanced knowledge of the principals, theories, concepts and practices of project management as it relates to transportation planning
- Sound knowledge of plans, products, roles and responsibilities of government agencies, NGO's and associations
- Sound ability to lead all aspects of project management and project teams
- Sound analytical skills including the ability to identify and assess the impacts of project-related risks and opportunities in an integrated, multi-disciplinary environment
- Sound written and oral communication skills including ability to compose and deliver reports and presentations
- Solid interpersonal skills including the ability to achieve consensus between groups. Includes negotiation skills as they pertain to contracts, multi-party agreements and conflict resolution
- Solid decision-making skills
How to Apply
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
Please go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers
Work Schedule: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Sapperton, New Westminster
Number of Availabilities: 1
Salary: Starting at $85,068 per annum
TransLink is committed to employment equity.