Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
General Statement of Duties: An employee in this class performs responsible and technically difficult work in the areas of transportation and land use planning; performs related duties as required.
Distinguishing Features of the Position: This position will manage a variety of transportation planning projects.
- Serve as project manager or participate in technically complex, difficult, and sensitive interdisciplinary transportation planning studies.
- This position advocates for the continued development of the city’s multi-modal transportation system and plans.
- Tasks include tracking funding availability from local, state, and federal sources.
- Coordinates with GCLMPO and other agencies on transportation projects.
- To manage complex and sensitive transportation planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the community.
- Review, analyze, and respond to project applications, ensuring compliance with ordinances and standards and making recommendations that balance and optimize the needs of all transportation users and of the community at large.
- Attends public meetings, assisting other planning staff as appropriate
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner; Knowledge of current transportation planning and design principles, practices, trends, regulations, standards and measurements. principles and practices of municipal planning and local government administration; Knowledge of State and local laws relating to planning and land use regulations; Knowledge in the use of ArcMap GIS 10.4; Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Ability to exercise good organization and time management skills; Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of customers such as developers, design professionals, contractors, and citizens; Ability to work both independently and in a team environment; Ability to problem solve and apply creativity in decision making.