Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Instructor - Disaster Planning
Planetizen Courses is seeking an experienced practitioner or instructor to deliver video course content on disaster planning, resilience, and recovery. If you are an expert or have teaching experience in disaster planning and want to share your knowledge, please contact us.
About Planetizen Courses
Planetizen Courses is the leading source of online professional training for the urban planning community. We offer hundreds of online courses on a wide range of topics from law and ethics to software and programming. Have a look at https://courses.planetizen.com.
Our mission at Planetizen Courses is to make urban planning skills affordable and accessible. We accomplish these goals by collaborating with leading professionals and instructors to create high-quality video courses, available online, anytime, anywhere.
- Minimum 3 years of teaching or presentation experience.
- Minimum 3 years of planning, or related experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with the topic(s) you propose to teach.
- Prepared curriculum. (Ideally, you are already teaching the topic, and can deliver a similar course for Planetizen.)
- If teaching about a software product, the Instructor should have a functional, licensed copy of the software for demonstration.
- Excellent computer and Internet literacy.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Participate in an initial orientation meeting.
- Prepare a course outline in consultation with the Planetizen Courses Producer.
- Work with the Planetizen Courses Producer to determine appropriate images, video, and other materials.
- Participate in two course planning meetings with the Planetizen Courses Producer.
- Record video at Planetizen's video studio in Los Angeles, California.
- Prepare multiple choice questions for each course.
- Complete course within 60 days of the project start date.
- Compensation is based on a per course hour basis and teaching experience.
- Instructors receive visibility on the Planetizen Courses website.
- Instructors can work from any location to plan the courses but must visit Planetizen's studio in Los Angeles, CA to record the course.
- Planetizen provides a travel stipend for instructors outside of Southern California.
Please submit the following to Chris Steins via email [email protected].
- Your resume.
- A summary of the course(s) you may be interested in teaching.
- A 1-minute audio and video recording of yourself discussing any topic. (This could be recorded using a smartphone or an inexpensive camera. We're not looking for video quality, just your presentation style.)
Thanks for your potential interest in becoming a Planetizen Instructor.