KEES has been exclusively retained by Active Transportation Alliance in its search for a new Executive Director.
Active Transportation Alliance seeks an influential and innovative Executive Director to elevate the organization’s vision and enhance its efforts to expand the impact of its mission - to promote walking, bicycling and public transit to advocate for healthy, sustainable, and equitable communities. The Executive Director will oversee daily operations and lead a highly valued team. They will manage with a collaborative style while attracting, nurturing and retaining high-performing talent. The role requires a dynamic relationship-builder who can cultivate and grow critical partnerships for organizational growth, accompanied by leadership and communications skills that can inspire, support and accelerate change. The Executive Director will work with an ever-expanding and diverse constituency of community partners, donors, volunteers, and city and state officials, and will champion the principles and practice of racial, social and economic equity both internally and externally.
Specific Requirements Include:
- A passion for the transformational nature of walking, bicycling and transit on community livability and sustainability. Incorporation of walking, bicycling and/or transit into daily life.
- Demonstrated leadership successes in advocacy, policy and coalition building, particularly among diverse and transportation-disadvantaged populations.
- Firm understanding of basic nonprofit structures, operations, and finance.
- Prior and proven experience in developing and nurturing successful teams and managing group dynamics. Significant experience hiring, mentoring and managing professional staff.
- Leadership experience leading internal and external change related to equity and inclusion.
- Familiarity with the operations and development of an effective nonprofit Board of Directors.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising for public interest or advocacy work from a diverse range of sources. Demonstrated program management experience. Experience with fundraising events is highly desired.
- Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to create, implement and monitor complex plans, and then translate those plans into goals and concrete strategies.
- Superior skills in written communications, public speaking and media relations.
- Career track record that shows stability with an organization and capacity to develop and nurture relationships culminating in overall success.
- Local and/or state government relations experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
This position offers a competitive salary with strong benefits. Relocation assistance is negotiable based on circumstances. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Active Transportation Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE: http://bit.ly/ATA-ED
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, President and CEO, and Megan DeVoe, Project Manager of KEES. Questions may be addressed to [email protected].
KEES is a retained executive search and consulting firm that builds transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit sector. KEES was founded in 2013 as an expansion of Alford Executive Search. For more information, please visit www.kees2success.com.
Active Transportation Alliance is one of the largest, most effective advocacy organizations promoting walking, bicycling, and public transportation in the U.S. Founded in 1985, it carries out an ambitious advocacy mission with the goal of creating healthy, sustainable, and equitable communities. The organization is rooted in the core beliefs that basic mobility is a civil and human right. For more information, please visit www.activetrans.org.