Planning and Policy Coordinator
We are seeking a qualified full-time candidate to help develop, manage, and implement key transportation policy and program initiatives related to climate change, air quality conformity, transportation innovation, and the impacts of disruptive technologies including electric vehicles (EVs) and connected and automated vehicles (CAVs). The individual will serve in a coordinating role to inform the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) on current federal, state and local laws as well as develop and implement policies and programs consistent with federal and gubernatorial directives. The individual will assist in leading and managing major, complex, and innovative projects,
The successful candidate will work on site to assist MDOT Headquarters (TSO) and Transportation Business Units to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations.
Specifically, the selected candidate will:
• Analyze and document the impact on the Department of new federal and/or state laws or changes to existing laws, including those regulations related to criteria pollutants, GHG, and general air quality and climate change policy.
• Evaluate projects and regional plans for air quality conformity through coordination with MDOT’s Transportation Business Units (TBUs) as well as the seven, Maryland, regional Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs).
• Lead research of interagency, MPO, and federal grants related to energy, air quality and climate change, including any opportunities related to the deployment of Electric Vehicles and Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE).
• Coordinate and document the State required climate change/GHG emission reduction activities for the Department.
• Assist with emerging issues, transportation planning, policy interventions, and innovations in transportation, including motor vehicle emissions reductions.
• Coordinate staffing and contractor support for Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Council (EVIC) meetings, subcommittee meetings, and other related State or Federal meetings.
• Prepare, review, and coordinate the development of meeting minutes, technical reports, white papers, and executive briefings.
• Represent MDOT at meetings, draft correspondence, and provide briefings
- Seniority level
- Employment type
- Job function
Administrative, Engineering, Strategy/Planning
Architecture & Planning, Transportation, Public Policy, Environmental