Seeking Creative, Energetic Team Members
Clarion Associates is a nationally recognized consulting firm specializing in community planning, zoning, sustainability and resilience, and historic preservation. We have offices in Denver and Chapel Hill and affiliated offices in Cincinnati and Philadelphia. We have assisted over 200 U.S. cities and counties to plan for their futures. Clarion is highly regarded as a firm that forms strong partnerships with each of our client communities. We tackle complex projects and find creative solutions that lead to plan adoption and implementation. We are known for building public support for ambitious local planning efforts. You can learn more about us at www.clarionassociates.com.
About the Positions
We are seeking full-time associates interested in serving as an integral part of our growing practice. Exciting opportunities are available in both our Denver and Chapel Hill offices. While each position is intended to have a particular focus, we strive to “cross-train” all of our team members, and will work with successful candidates to tailor a position to fit their areas of expertise and interests. Focus areas include:
- Code Associate. The primary focus of this position will be drafting innovative and user-friendly zoning and land use regulations to implement local plans. A law degree or experience with regulatory drafting is a plus, as is experience creating graphics to convey complex regulatory concepts.
- Comprehensive Planning Associate. The primary focus of this position will be to provide support for all aspects of the firm’s planning practice, including, but not limited to: research and analysis of trends and best practices; preparation of community outreach materials and participation in public meetings; advanced GIS analysis and mapping; and preparation and proofreading of complex and graphic rich plan documents.
- Graphics and Marketing Coordinator. This position is responsible for a combination of general marketing and project work. Graphic design and document production experience is essential; web development experience is a plus.
Like everyone in the firm, associates also will assist in preparing proposals to win new work, attend meetings, prepare presentations, collect and analyze data, and—because we are a small firm—generally pitch in wherever needed. Because we often need to collaborate in person, working remotely is not an option for these positions. Associates travel both regionally and nationally to support our clients. You will be compensated fairly based on your experience and performance, and will receive health insurance and a full range of competitive benefits.
If you are interested in working with Clarion Associates, you:
- Are enthusiastic and interested about all aspects of planning and land use consulting
- Have excellent writing skills and oral communication skills
- Are willing to work hard to help change the futures of America’s cities and counties
- Have a Master’s or a Bachelor’s degree in urban planning or a related field with two years of professional work experience
- Are proficient in Word and Excel (Sketch-Up, ArcGIS, InDesign, and Illustrator is a plus)
- Are detail-oriented – because the work we do matters, and it changes the future!
If that Describes You
Please send a resume and cover letter, no more than one page each, along with a short writing sample of no more than five pages and one to two samples of your graphic abilities to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on April 12, 2019. Please specify which position(s) and location(s) you wish to be considered for. Our review process opens immediately and we will consider resume submiss