Transportation Planner / Engineer
Gorove/Slade Associates, Inc. is a Washington DC headquartered firm that offers to its public and private sector clients a comprehensive portfolio of transportation planning and engineering services.
The firm is staffed with experts in the design and operation of transportation infrastructure that defines buildings and places, moves people and goods, and links places that people live, work, and play. Gorove/Slade’s work supports private development, institutions, colleges/universities, and government agencies using a highly responsive, client-focused approach.
Gorove/Slade is actively seeking qualified, motivated, and passionate candidates for Transportation Planner and Engineer positions in our Washington DC and Northern Virginia offices. We are seeking people with interest and experience in multimodal transportation planning and engineering. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right person to become involved in supporting and growing our leading work in the transportation planning and engineering field.
No matter your experience level, planners and engineers can expect to build a career foundation at Gorove/Slade through a wide variety of experiences. We place an emphasis on early development of project management and technical skills. You’ll be exposed to a multitude of project types, maximizing opportunities for personal and professional growth through experience in both planning and engineering project work.
Minimum requirements in addition to post-college work experience are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in transportation, civil, or environmental engineering, urban and regional planning, or a related major (e.g. Geography, Math, Statistics, Economics, Public Poilicy)
- Excellent verbal, written, and other communications skills, including data visualization
- Experience using GIS, CAD, or Microstation is desirable
- Experience using Micro- and/or Macrosimulation tools (Synchro, Vistro, Vissim) is desirable
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- The ability to be flexible in meeting client demands and operating within a dynamic workflow
Details about Gorove/Slade can be found on our website – https://www.goroveslade.com.