Instructor Positions (Non-Tenure Track) in Environmental Design, University of Colorado Boulder
The Environmental Design Program (ENVD) of the University of Colorado Boulder is recruiting 3 to 5 instructors in the Environmental Design disciplines of Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Planning and Product Design. Positions are expected to begin the upcoming fall semester in August 2019.
Link to job listing and to apply:
(Please apply through the link and don't apply sending an email )
The ENVD program, a leader in environmental design education, seeks enthusiastic, energetic instructors with a defined and articulated teaching philosophy that integrates design with practice, and a demonstrated ability to teach in a studio-based setting. The selected candidates will teach undergraduate environmental design studios and lecture and seminar courses related to the disciplinary and technological areas listed below. In addition to teaching, the candidates will have service requirements for contributions to curriculum/program development and related academic committee work.
Applicants with experience in multiple design disciplines will be given priority consideration. Candidates will be asked to describe how they can contribute to a holistic environmental design pedagogy. Professional experience and licensure are highly valued.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate experience in a minimum of two (2) of the following disciplinary and/or technological areas:
- Architectural design (with a focus on sustainable building practices and climate-responsiveness)
- Landscape Architecture (with a focus on climate-responsiveness, ecological infrastructure, and urban ecology)
- Planning and Urban design (with a focus on climate-responsiveness and/or planning and development, GIS and housing and/or ecological infrastructure)
- Product Design (with a focus on sustainable practices and emerging processes/techniques in design-thinking and prototyping/design-making)
- Graphic Design (with a specific focus such as environmental graphics, in-depth knowledge of applicable softwares)
- Advanced Computer Aided Design (including but not limited to BIM software and its plug-ins & processes, Rhino3D + Grasshopper and other plugins, Arduino or other interaction design software, Virtual Reality based softwares, Analytical/Simulation Softwares, Rendering/Animation etc.)
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (including but not limited to 3D-printing, 3 and 4+ axis CNC milling, Laser Cutting, Waterjet Cutting, rapid prototyping and material knowledge)
- Shop Fabrication (including but not limited to emerging processes and techniques)
- Entrepreneurship (a demonstrated ability in managing to-market product design and/or a progressive practice in the disciplines of environmental design)
Salary packages are competitive and commensurate with experience. The positions are 9 month/100% full-time equivalent. A typical workload for instructor-ranked faculty is 80% teaching and 20% service. Part time of at least 50% will be considered for individuals with an active design practice. Individuals with outstanding qualifications will be considered at Senior Instructor rank.