Creative, Hardworking Associate
Clarion Associates is a nationally recognized consulting firm specializing in community planning, zoning, sustainability and resilience, and historic preservation. We have offices in Denver and Chapel Hill and affiliated offices in Cincinnati and Philadelphia. We have assisted over 200 U.S. cities and counties to plan for their futures. Clarion is highly regarded as a firm that forms strong partnerships with each of our client communities. We tackle complex projects and find creative solutions that lead to plan adoption and implementation. We are known for building public support for ambitious local planning efforts. You can learn more about us at www.clarionassociates.com.
About the Position
We are looking for a full-time associate who will be an integral part of our challenging and exciting practice. The primary focus of this position will be drafting innovative and user-friendly zoning and land use regulations to implement local plans. Over time, depending on the interests of the candidate selected, you also may have a role in developing community plans. You will also be researching emerging planning, zoning, housing, and environmental issues and helping us integrate the results of that research in our plans and codes.
Like everyone in the firm, associates also will assist in preparing proposals to win new work, attend meetings, prepare presentations, collect and analyze data, and—because we are a small firm—generally pitch in wherever needed. Because we often need to collaborate in person, working remotely is not an option for this position. You will be living in or relocating to Denver and will be working full-time in Clarion’s downtown Denver office on the 16th Street Mall, but you will be travelling both regionally and nationally to support our clients. You will be compensated fairly based on your experience and performance, and will receive health insurance and a full range of competitive benefits.
If you are interested in working with Clarion Associates, you:
- Are enthusiastic and interested about all aspects of planning and land use consulting
- Have excellent writing skills and oral communication skills
- Are willing to work hard to help change the futures of America’s cities and counties
- Have a Master’s Degree in urban planning with three years of work experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in urban planning with five years of work experience (a law degree or experience with regulatory drafting is a plus)
- Have at least three years of work experience after graduate school;
- Are proficient in Word and Excel (Sketch-Up, ArcGIS, InDesign, and Illustrator is a plus)
- Are detail-oriented – because the work we do matters, and it changes the future!
If that Describes You
Please send a resume and cover letter, no more than one page each, along with a short writing sample of no more than five pages and one to two samples of your graphic abilities to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on March 8, 2019. Our review process opens immediately and we will consider resume submissions as they arrive.