Challenge Detroit Fellow
Challenge Detroit is now accepting applications for the next class of Fellows through March 10, 2019 -- the year in Detroit will begin in September 2019 and commence in August 2020.
Who we are:
Challenge Detroit cultivates diverse, innovative, community-minded leaders from the city and across the country, fostering their talents to support local initiatives that move Detroit forward. Each year, we recruit 30 leaders to join us in making an impact in Detroit. As a Challenge Detroit Fellow, you'll have the opportunity to live, work, play, give, and lead in Detroit.
How it works:
- Monday -Thursday you’ll gain valuable career skills through employment at a top area company, such as DTE Energy, Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit, and Lear Corporation.
- Every Friday, you will join your cohort of Fellows to work with local nonprofits on innovative challenges designed to positively impact our community.
What you will experience as a Fellow:
- a year of valuable work experience at a top area company;
- gainvaluable leadership and team building skills through a multi-faceted leadership development program;
- learn and leverage the art of design thinking;
- collaborate with multiple Detroit-based nonprofits to help them move their missions forward through various design, marketing, development and revitalization projects;
- be a part of a cohort of other like-minded, innovative individuals from Detroit and across the United States who you've shared this unique experience with;
- connect with and form meaningful relationships with the broader Challenge Detroit community as well as your cohort;
- receive perks such as access to cultural and professional events, memberships to various organizations and more;
- receive a $38,000 annual salary plus benefits typical of host company; and
- become a part of the alumni network of more than 200 alumni who have already participated in our program.
Who you are:
- You are passionate, hard-working, innovative and have a growth mindset.
- You will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution by August 31, 2019.
- You are authorized to work in the United States for the duration of the program (Sept 1, 2019 to Aug 31, 2020).
Learn more and apply by March 10: http://challengedetroit.org/application
Find us on social media to learn more about work, current Fellows and alumni!