(Senior) Government Relations Manager for NY
(Senior) Government Relations Manager for NY (m/f/d)
Who we are
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world – and our journey has just begun.
To support our ambitious growth, we are now looking to fill the very exciting role of Government Relations Manager in our New York office!
Your tasks - Paint the world green
• You identify, negotiate, and attain optimal bus stop locations for passengers, drivers, and the local communities
• You establish operational compliance with national, regional, and local authorities, navigating complex legal and political environments
• You conduct research on applicable standards and regulations pertaining to processing and obtaining licenses, permits, and filings
• You lead the “authorizations” pipeline and ensure that they are obtained in a timely manner
• You regularly communicate with government agencies, community organizations, local businesses and institutions, and other key stakeholders
• You develop a public affairs presence across the FlixBus network and represent FlixBus at external meetings and events
• You collaborate with FlixBus international and local teams, including business development, operations, and network planning
- PLEASE ATTACH A COVER LETTER AND TWO WRITING SAMPLES (The writing samples do not need to address a specific topic or be in a certain format. Samples from college courses, previous jobs or internships, news articles, etc. will all suffice.)
Your Profile - Ready to hop on board
• Bachelors degree required: public policy, public administration, international relations, political science, economics, law, transportation science or related fields of study
• 3-5 years of relevant experience, including government, public affairs, public policy, regulatory compliance, transportation planning, land-use, law, or other related industries
• Affinity for car-alternative, environmentally friendly modes of transportation
• Able to manage staff and work collaboratively within and across teams
• Comfortable in a startup environment: entrepreneurial spirit, full of ambition and a roll with the punches attitude
• You are focused on developing concrete solutions to fix root-cause problems and/or foresee them before they even happen
Perks - More than just a job
• Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride.
• Trust-based working. We don't punch the clock – organize your own schedule. We trust in what you do!
• Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
• Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events – there's always something to celebrate!
• Feel at home. We provide you with a laptop, comfortable working space, casual dress code, diverse employee discounts and more.
FlixBus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.
USA, New York
Minimum level of qualification required: Bachelor
Minimum level of experience required: 3-5 years
Languages: English (Native speaker level)
Contact person: Dilan Celebi
Position start date: As Soon As Possible