Summer Programs: Experience City Planning and Urban Design - Applications are Open
UC Berkeley's College of Environmental Design
Location: Berkeley, CAWebsite
You can make a real impact as an environmental designer, from imagining the climate-resilient cities of the future to prototyping new forms of affordable housing to reconnecting communities with their historic riverfronts.
Explore how design might fit into your future this summer at UC Berkeley, the top public university for environmental design according to QS World University Rankings. Programs in architecture, city planning, landscape architecture, and sustainable environmental design will fire your imagination, stretch your mind, and set you on the path to achieving your goals.
- You’ll explore multiple aspects of environmental design and learn how to conceptualize and communicate your ideas in both 2D and 3D
- Engage in a transformational learning experience through drawing, digital representation, and hands-on model building
- You will also attend lectures, discussion groups, and field trips throughout the San Francisco Bay Area
Benefits of attending a CED Summer program:
- Identify and explore the major debates around global urbanization and sustainability
- Develop a project from concept to final design
- Collaborate on group projects with other college students passionate about design
- Connect with experienced faculty and renowned local practitioners
- Use the San Francisco Bay Area as a living laboratory for creative design
- Develop compelling materials for your design portfolio
- Earn college-level credit on an official UC Berkeley transcript
No previous design experience is necessary to attend any of the CED Summer Programs. We encourage students and young professionals from all backgrounds to apply. We are primarily looking for intellectual curiosity and evidence of academic ability. International students are welcome and encouraged to apply.
All academic programs start on July 1, 2024. Applications are open!
More than 2,800 students have attended CED Summer Programs since 2008. The majority of our alums have gone on to pursue design or architecture degrees at top-rated schools and embark on fulfilling design careers — and it all started with an extraordinary and empowering summer experience at Berkeley!
Posted February 1, 2024
Want to see more events?
City of Birmingham, Alabama
City of Laramie, Wyoming
Colorado Department of Local Affairs