We're seeking an experienced, sharp technical project manager to join our team to help develop web applications, sites and tools for clients in the urban planning, higher education, non-profits, museums, and legal services fields. This position is primarily located in Los Angeles, CA in the Koreatown (Wilshire/Western) area, although remote work part of the time is possible.
Some of our current projects include:
• Creating an online video education website for planners.
• Developing a modern-version of a web-based zoning code.
• Developing a career tracking system for a world-class university.
• Managing a professional social networking website for 50,000 users.
• Manage 4-7 concurrent projects, depending on project size.
• Meet with clients to understand requirements and manage projects.
• Create requirements documents and project documentation.
• Meet with designers, developers and Q/A specialists to create development schedules.
• Participate in weekly team meetings and track milestones.
• Manage 2-4 development team members.
• Develop responsive wireframes.
• Evaluate and recommend visual interface conventions and technologies.
• Perform UX research and optimization.
• Perform usability evaluations.
• At least 3 years direct client-facing project management experience.
• Experience working with web content management systems, such as Drupal or WordPress.
• Comfortable meeting with and communicating directly with clients.
• Ability to prepare concise and clear professional memos and documentation.
• Comfortable using video conferencing, such as GoToMeeting.
• Ability to create wireframes.
• Current knowledge of trends in Web development and usability.
• Bachelor's degree (any field).
While this is not a development position, you should have some technical exposure.
• Familiarity with HTML5/CSS3.
• Familiarity with jQuery.
• Familiarity with PHP.
About Urban Insight
Urban Insight ( http://www.urbaninsight.com ) is a Los Angeles-based technology consulting firm with 16 team members. We provide technology consulting and Drupal development services for the urban planning, higher education, nonprofit, legal aid, and museum communities. We take on cutting edge, challenging projects for appreciative clients, and have a supportive and team-based approach to projects. Urban Insight also developed and operates Planetizen.
Reasons to Work At Urban Insight
• We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
• We have many training opportunities, and we actively support training and certification.
• We're stable. We've been in business for 15 years, and grown every year.
• We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
• We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and usually have 40-hour work weeks.
• Team members work with the latest hardware and software, and can choose their primary OS (Win/Mac/Linux), and have the other environments available for dev/testing.
• We offer free snacks, coffee and tea all day long.
• We have twice-monthly Lunch 'n Learns. Recent topics have included: Drupal module development; iOS development; Linux CLI tips and tricks; Building responsive websites.
• You may not need to drive. Our office is just off the Purple Line at the Wilshire/Western Metro station.
• There are lots more reasons: http://www.urbaninsight.com/employment
We offer a competitive salary, which depends quite a lot on your qualifications and experience. Our salary package includes:
• 95% employer-paid medical insurance
• 95% employer-paid dental insurance
• 401(k) Plan with employer match
• Paid vacation
• Paid sick leave
• Free public transit pass or parking subsidy
• Twice-annual performance and salary reviews
If you think you might be interested in working with us, please send a cover letter and resume in PDF or Text format (No Word documents, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. A good cover letter really gets our attention.
Thanks for your potential interest in working with us at Urban Insight.