LAND USE MASTERPLANNER ─ ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
Coastal Management Resources is seeking an assistant project manager to support production of physical planning products leading to a masterplan and specific plan for a large, rural ranch land holding in Southern California. The desired candidate will have more than 3 years’ professional experience and degree(s) in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Land Use Planning, Environmental Planning, Environmental Sciences, Architecture, and/or Engineering. Master’s Degree is a plus.
Assistant Project Manager will engage in the following activities:
- Management of staff and consultants focused on physical planning and design including infrastructure, architecture, environmental constraints, GIS analysis, and regulatory compliance
- Conservation, land use, and ecological planning and alternative scenario performance analysis
- Physical planning and conceptual community-scale design; conceptual and schematic site-scale design
- Production and management of staff in production of 3D and 2D hand drawn and computer generated graphics, diagrams, maps, plans, and document creation.
- Project Manager will work under the direction of, and will regularly report to, the Project Director
Desired skills include:
- Experience using Auto CAD, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign, Microsoft Excel (Experience with 3D Studio Max, SketchUp or other 3D software and ArcGIS a plus)
- Experience producing physical masterplans and/or specific plans for individual parcels, neighborhoods, and communities.
- Ability to apply landscape ecology and conservation biology principles and performance metrics in conservation and land use planning, design, and analysis at site to sub-regional scales
- Ability to produce basic hand drawn graphics and sketches to support preliminary masterplanning, site analysis, and conceptual design
- Excellent verbal and written skills
The position is located at our corporate offices in Lake Arrowhead, CA, one of southern California's most beautiful environments (clean air, clean water, no traffic and 1½ hours from downtown Los Angeles). The project site is not located in Lake Arrowhead. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Application deadline is open until filled.
Send cover letter, resume, and portfolio (20MB max) to: firstname.lastname@example.org