- Detailed Profiles of 97 Graduate Urban Planning Programs in the United States
- Top 25 Planning Schools Rankings
- Best Schools by Region (Midwest, Northeast, South, and West)
- Top 25 Programs According to Educators
- Profiles of Planning Students and Professionals
- Advice for Selecting a Planning Program and Applying to Graduate School
- Introduction to Graduate Study in the Field of Urban Planning
- Top 25 Ranked Schools for Urban Planning Programs
- Top Ranked Schools in Your Region
- Detailed Profiles of 97 Schools
Narrow Down Your Graduate Program Search:
- Admissions Requirements and Statistics
- Cost of Attendance
- Faculty and Student Demographics
- Research, Internship, and Study Abroad Opportunities
- What other students are saying
- Current grad students, with advice on what to look for in a program
- Practicing professionals, revealing how they made the most of their graduate studies
- A planning professor, who explains how to launch your planning career
- Planetizen's editorial staff, on why one would choose a career in urban planning
Table of Contents
- About Planetizen
- Editor's Note
- How to Use This Guide
- What's New in the 4th Edition
- So You Want to Be a Planner?
- Planning Professional Profiles
- Launching Your Planning Education by Ann Forsyth
- Planning Student Profiles
- The Rankings: The Best Graduate Urban Planning Programs
- How Planetizen Ranks Schools
- Planetizen Overall Top 25
- Top 25 According to Educators
- By Geographic Region
- Additional Rankings
- List of Schools by Specialty
- The Directory: Graduate Urban Planning Programs - Includes profiles of 97 programs in the U.S.
The Planetizen Guide to Graduate Urban Planning Programs - 4th Edition (ISBN 978-0-9906162-1-4) is published by Planetizen Press.
Copyright 2014 by Urban Insight, Inc. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form by any electronic or mechanical means (including photocopying, recording, or information storage and retrieval) without permission in writing from the publisher. All content included in this book, such as text, graphics, logos, images, and data compilations is the property of Urban Insight, Inc. or its content suppliers and is protected by United States and international copyright laws.
- Your PDF document (22.5 MB) will be created immediately for you to download. This process may take up to 1 minute.
- You can access your PDF document from your account dashboard in your Planetizen account for up to 30 days.
- Your PDF will be password-protected with your email address.
- By purchasing the PDF version of the Guide, you agree to be bound by the terms of the Planetizen Digital Content License Agreement.
- PDF Enterprise Edition is a multiple user license for educational institutions, agencies, and private organizations.
Guide to Graduate Urban Planning Programs - 4th Edition
The Essential Resource for Prospective Planning Students
The Planetizen Guide to Graduate Urban Planning Programs is the only comprehensive ranking and listing of graduate urban planning programs available. In its 4th edition, the guide is exhaustively researched by the staff of Planetizen. Thousands of students have used the Guide to inform their decision on which graduate programs to apply to, and ultimately, attend.
What's new in the 4th edition?
We’ve expanded the Guide yet again, with more detailed information about programs to help prospective students decide where to apply.
• Expanded program profiles section with additional data collected
• Expanded profiles of professional planners
• Refined rankings methodology that takes into account a larger set of criteria
• Expanded rankings section
In Our Store
- For the home