Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Yorktown 2015: A Blueprint for Survival and Sustainability
The Yorktown 2015 Master Plan focuses on a small but important group of largely residential blocks and committed residents who are their owners, caretakers and stakeholders. It represents the product of intense work and creative ideas for how to build on existing assets to realize new growth opportunities, sustain a community spirit, and attract investments from inside and outside the boundaries of Yorktown.
Five core goals emerged from the planning work completed over a year as shown below and discussed in greater detail in the main body of this report. They are:
- Investment in Yorktown’s deep history and rich legacy.
- Enhancing Yorktown’s image through marketing and promotional events.
- Empowering the current and next generations of Yorktown residents through engagement.
- Encouraging the preservation and equitable development of Yorktown, and the facilities serving it.
- Reinvesting in Yorktown’s physical infrastructure and common spaces.
Yorktown 2015 received the 2012 National Excellence Planning Award for a Grassroots Initiative from the American Planning Association.