TOWN OF MARANA:
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation. Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a Planner to work in the Planning Department. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in having a direct impact on planning related projects.
Salary Range: $20.81 - $30.18 Hiring Rate: $20.81 - $25.49
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Reviews, researches and evaluates planning and development projects such as subdivision plats, development plans, building permits, landscape plans, conditional use permits, variances, design review and addressing.
- Oversees the planning process: Coordinates with other departments and outside agencies; conducts meetings; prepares public notifications; provides project information to the general public; assists applicant through the process; and prepares and presents staff report to Board of Adjustment, Planning Commission, and Town Council.
- Provides customer service regarding a wide variety of development related issues through front-counter, phone and on-site assistance; may include interpretation of codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Manages department GIS databases and creates land use maps. Creates and maintains GIS database and layers in cooperation with Technical Services staff. Creates visual exhibits to aid in greater understanding of project location and outcomes.
- Collect statistical data and prepare reports, maps, site plans and graphic illustrations on development projects, and land use.
- May assist in activities related to addressing to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning or related field.
- Over six months experience in planning, geography, community development, public administration, or closely related field.
- Experience with GIS
- Possess a valid AZ Driver License
- Master's degree in Urban Planning or related field.
- Experience in working with graphic illustration including Photo Shop and Illustrator.
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resources Staff Contact Loren Churchman/ 520-382-1934 / firstname.lastname@example.org