Urban Design Studio Leader
About Farr Associates
Farr Associates is an architecture, urban planning, and urban design firm located in Chicago, Illinois, dedicated to creating sustainable urban places. As a JUST-certified Benefits Corporation, we value the quality of life of our clients, our staff, and our fellow Chicagoans. To that end, we invest in the ongoing development of our employees through training and conferences, and constantly look for ways in which to give back to our communities.
We are growing and are seeking an Urban Design Studio Leader. Projects in the studio focus on master planning, site planning, urban design, zoning, and community outreach, with a strong emphasis on implementation. Projects are often a hybrid of urban planning and design; therefore, we are looking for candidates that can effectively contribute to both areas.
This position will oversee the operations of the Urban Design Studio, contribute to business development, and represent the firm in front of clients and stakeholders.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits.
- 10+ years of experience in architecture, urban planning and design, landscape architecture, or a related field
- Strong design skills and sensibilities
- AICP, AIA, or RLA accredited; LEED accreditation preferred
- Someone who shares our vision for sustainable, socially-equitable, and economically-viable design
- Ability to effectively manage Studio Designers and oversee Studio goals, strategies, and operations
- Able to represent the firm in front of potential clients, project clients, and stakeholders
- Ability to craft marketing proposals and contribute to business development
- Excellent public facilitation skills
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Adobe Suites; knowledge of AutoCad, GIS, and 3D programs a plus; hand sketching skills a plus
- Ability to travel as required
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/work samples no larger than 10 MB to Grant Hromas at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Urban Design Studio Leader Application.” No phone calls please; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.