Full Time Landscape Designer - Houston, Texas
Asakura Robinson is a planning, urban design, and landscape architecture firm which strengthens environments and positively impacts communities through innovation, engagement, stewardship, and an integrated design process. Our employees are leaders in social and environmental design. As a firm, we strive to assist visionary clients to spur positive change. We focus on engaging communities in ever more diverse project contexts while maintaining a high level of creativity and collaboration in every endeavor.
Our studio is located in a growing urban neighborhood next to downtown, close to transit. As a small office that is joined together by our common beliefs and philosophy, we encourage our staff to be actively engaged with the community, serve on boards, etc. We support staff in meeting their educational and professional goals. In short, AR is a great place to work!
We are seeking an entry- to mid-level landscape designer to join our team who has 1-5 years of experience with technical documentation and is well versed in Gulf Coast regional plant material, low-impact development and irrigation. A desire to grow into project management; coordinate with clients, contractors and subconsultants; and make on-site decisions is desired.
• High proficiency in all aspects of landscape design
• High proficiency in construction documentation
• Must be able to meet deadlines, self-manage, and work both independently and as a team
• Excellent internal and external communication (bilingual abilities are a plus)
• Excellent organizational skills
• Public speaking and interview skills
• Strong knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe CC and Microsoft Office
• Strong knowledge of SketchUp Pro or other rendering software
• Must be proficient in the plant palette for central/coastal Texas
• LEED AP / Sustainable Sites / PLA a plus.
Masters or bachelor’s students of Landscape Architecture program
Pay is commensurate with experience and will be negotiated following a successful application.
Please send your letter of interest, resume, and digital work samples (including construction documentation samples), to email@example.com
Please reference “Landscape Designer” in the subject line. For more information or to be notified of future positions, please follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AsakuraRobinson