TRANSPORTATION PLANNING AND POLICY DIVISION
The South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority (TransLink) is one of Canada’s most innovative transportation authorities, founded in 1999 to plan and manage transportation within Metro Vancouver. We’ve achieved success not only in improving the transportation network of the region, but helping maintain the enviable lifestyle of residents and the viability of local businesses. TransLink and our family of companies (Coast Mountain Bus Company, B.C. Rapid Transit Company and Transit Police) are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers.
This position is a key role within the Transportation Planning & Policy Division, which is accountable for developing strategic plans for the multimodal transportation system including statutory plans, system policy, area plans, transportation system guidelines and transportation forecasting and research.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
- Contributes transportation planning expertise and leadership to the development of program strategies, plans and tactics and to designated projects.
- Develops transportation planning methods, techniques and models in support of designated program and project deliverables, ensuring compliance with department standards, policies and procedures.
- Contributes as a member of a program team, providing transportation planning expertise and identifying planning and project risks and opportunities based on analysis of transport data, trends, and issues. Alerts Senior Transportation Planner and Manager to critical issues.
- Collaborates with leaders and professionals across the organization, with a view to optimizing planning services and project outcomes.
- Researches and analyzes transportation data, trends and issues. Develops technical reports and delivers presentations for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops and manages relationships with stakeholders to understand needs, maintain communication and resolve moderate issues within defined limits. Provides technical support and advice to municipal/provincial working teams and advisory committees.
- Provides work direction to contractors and consultants and monitors contract compliance.
- Provides technical guidance to junior planning staff where applicable.
The competencies for the position would typically be acquired through a Master’s degree in planning, engineering or a related discipline, and 3 years’ experience providing expertise and leading projects in an agency specializing in planning or transportation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
We’re hiring Planning professionals!
This is one of a number of exciting new positions within the Transportation Planning & Policy Division. We are looking for Planner professionals in the areas of
- System Planning
- Partner Planning
- Policy Development
- Transit Network Management
- Strategy & Plan Development
For details and more Planning opportunities, please visit our website at http://www.translink.ca/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted.