Perform current and long-range land use planning, research, review development proposals and plats and other related work. The majority of the work is in current planning. Is responsible for land use, environmental, and development proposal review work compiling, analyzing, modifying, and illustrating a variety of economic, social, and physical factors consistent with state and county laws, ordinances, and the county comprehensive plan. Works under the policy and administrative guidance of the Community Development Director and/or the Principal Planner for work assigned projects and for coordinating efforts with other county departments, the planning commission, the Board of County Commissioners, and the general public.
- Responsible for land use, environmental, and development proposal review work.
- Compiles, analyzes, modifies, and illustrates a variety of economic, social, and physical factors affecting land use plans or the environment consistent with state and county laws, ordinances, and the county comprehensive plan.
- Reviews development proposals.
- Conducts research for current and long-range planning activities and special projects.
- Serves customers at department counter.
Application: Contact Human Resources at the County Legislative Building, 314 W. Main Street, Room 216, Walla Walla, WA, or visit our website at www.co.walla-walla.wa.us to download a copy and/or apply online. Mailing address: Human Resources/Risk Manager, PO Box 1506, Walla Walla, WA 99362, fax (509)524-2603, call (509)524-2600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org