Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is a growing multidisciplinary engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental science consulting firm. Our corporate office is located in Cheshire, Connecticut, with regional office locations in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, and Vermont.
The ability to move –by car, bus, train, plane, bicycle, or on foot –is critical to the functioning of modern society. At Milone & MacBroom our transportation planners and traffic engineers work together with our clients and the community to develop creative solutions that meet the needs of the traveling public. We are proud to be part of the future advancements of the communities in which we live and work.
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. has an opening for a highly talented transportation planner to serve as a valuable member of our multi-disciplinary team located in Cheshire, Connecticut.
The transportation planner will be responsible for transportation planning, data collection and traffic analysis, parking studies, safety studies, and bicycle and pedestrian evaluations. The transportation planner will prepare technical reports, plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a wide range of transportation planning and traffic engineering-related projects.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation Engineering, Planning, Urban Planning or related field
- 2-5 years of professional experience in some or all of the following areas: traffic impact and corridor studies, signal design, and bicycle and pedestrian facilities planning and design and transit operations
- Familiarity with Complete Streets guidelines such as MUTCD, FHWA, AASHTO and NACTO
- Familiarity with traffic analysis software such as Highway Capacity Software, SYNCHRO and/or VISSM, and GIS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to research, present and convey information clearly and concisely
- Ability to participate in work assignments, meetings, and travel as needed
- Independent, critical thinker with strong analytical ability and commitment to high quality outputs and follow-through
The position has great potential for growth. We are committed to giving back to the community in which we live and work. We are a team of talented, committed, and energetic people who are motivated by challenge, diversity, and team success. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, opportunities for advancement, and a fun and creative working environment.
Interested applicants may submit their resumes to:
Human Resources Manager
Milone & MacBroom, Inc.
99 Realty Drive
Cheshire, CT 06410
T: (203) 271-1773
F: (203) 439-2307
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.