Downtown Development Director
The Executive Director will perform professional work for the initiation and promotion of programs to improve, preserve, and enhance the downtown, and to promote the improvements, overall appearance and economic vitality in the City of Salisbury.
- Develops and oversees downtown development and revitalization activities and projects
- Develops marketing strategies for plans and projects for downtown development
- Builds cooperative working relationships with boards, property owners, business and community partners
- Promotes downtown programs and business activities using the media and promotional materials
- Provides appropriate market research, data and technical assistance to developers, businesses and entities seeking to initiate economic development in Downtown Salisbury
- Prepares and submits annual budgets for Downtown Salisbury Inc.
- Seeks to establish new economic development initiatives for Downtown Salisbury as outlined in the master plan
- Excellent communication skills
- At least 3 years of experience and proven record of accomplishment in managing a downtown organization, in business and economic development, real estate development or management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, officials, contractors, public groups and general public
- Extensive experience in economic development for Main Street Program
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Planning, or Public Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License