Administrative Assistant (Temporary: 2-4 months)
Van Alen Institute seeks a temporary Administrative Assistant to provide day-to-day office support and to coordinate and prepare for Van Alen events and programs. This position is for a two to four month period with the possibility of becoming a permanent role. Ability to start immediately is required.
- Professional, prompt, and reliable o Pleasant personality and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized, able to multi-task and maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and databases
- Aptitude for design and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software
- Strong interest in architecture, planning, or a related field
- Available for some evenings/weekends
TASKS OFFICE SUPPORT
- Maintain general office organization; routinely organize and maintain storage areas and office cleanup
- Order and stock supplies for office, events, and programs
- Perform general reception duties including greeting visitors, responding to inquiries, and answering general calls
- Oversee office equipment and troubleshoot technical problems with IT, phones and copier as needed
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence: packages, postal mail, email and faxes Support Director of Operations with weekly bill pay, processing invoices, tracking corporate credit card and petty cash
- Arrange catering and preparation for meetings
- Coordinate Van Alen’s job and internship postings
- Manage and oversee volunteer program
- Track event RSVPs and attendance
- Serve as lead contact and coordinator for non-Van Alen events hosted at Van Alen
- Collect peer organization calendars to coordinate Van Alen events
- Support Executive Director’s calendar
- Schedule and coordinate meetings
- Arrange travel as needed
- Log monthly credit card expenses
- Provide support for the Board of Trustees, Board Committees, and Van Alen Councils including: scheduling meetings, producing meeting and presentation materials, maintaining files and records, tracking attendance
- Provide support for the Executive Director as needed
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume as a pdf to email@example.com. Due to the volume of receipts, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Salary will be prorated based on an annual salary of $32,000-$35,000. At Van Alen Institute, we believe design can transform cities, landscapes, and regions to improve people’s lives.
We collaborate with communities, scholars, policymakers, and professionals on local and global initiatives that rigorously investigate the most pressing social, cultural, and ecological challenges of tomorrow. Building on more than a century of experience, we develop cross-disciplinary research, provocative public programs, and inventive design competitions.
Please visit www.vanalen.org for more information.