Application Deadline: 4/24/2017 5:00 PM
Job #: 5275
Under general supervision, the Planner Technician performs a wide variety of technical planning work and administrative support functions, serving as paraprofessional support to the Planner series.
Positions in the Planning department may include: reviewing building permits, variances, use permit and other miscellaneous permit applications; and recording appropriate data and preparing recommendations for the department, Planning Commission and other City Commissions.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting application intake, including checking applications for completeness and determining applications fees. Entering application data into the database and tracking system. May meet with project sponsors as necessary to conduct application intake.
- Providing technical support to Planners, such as creating maps; creating and maintaining project databases and contact lists; conducting research on various planning and design topics; reviewing and updating data in the database and various planning system; interpreting, and monitoring and updating established departmental procedures to enhance workflow; providing basic systems support (e.g., PPTS, eMerge) for training new users and responding to requests as problems arise.
- Providing information orally and in writing to the public, other City agencies and staff; advising and assisting the public on matters related to application procedures.
- Maintaining divisions’ libraries, record keeping and filing systems and performing general administrative and clerical duties.
- Preparing correspondence, reports, charts and other graphic materials as needed and assisting Planners in creating public notices and posters.
- Coordinating and tracking administrative staff assignments for the division. May assign, supervise and review the work of clerical personnel.
- Assisting in arranging special activities such as community meetings, workshops, and conferences. Duties may include setting up and closing out events, registration, attendee tracking, and providing materials support.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
1. Possession of a high school diploma, General Education Development (G.E.D.) equivalency, or a high school proficiency certificate;AND
2a. Two years of verifiable full-time work experience in technical land use planning in a city, county, or regional planning office;
2b. Two years of verifiable full-time administrative support experience which included processing public noticing for land use staff reports and environmental assessment reports and/or the permitting for land use development.
Substitution: Two years of college level coursework from an accredited college (30 semester/45 quarter units equals one year) in urban studies, urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, geography or a related field can substitute for two years of verifiable full time work experience as described in 2a.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process.
Visit: https://www.jobaps.com/SF/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=PBT&R2=5275&R3=073562 to register an account and view this complete job announcement for application submission requirements.