Senior Land Use Economist
Economic & Planning Systems, Inc. (EPS) is an innovative land economics consulting firm that is distinct in our ability to understand and creatively resolve complex challenges related to land use planning, real estate investment, and public policy. Since 1983 we have served a wide variety of private and public sector clients throughout the United States with an emphasis on fiscal, economic and environmental sustainability. The firm has four offices located in Oakland, Los Angeles, Sacramento, and Denver.
Our commitment to the firm’s unique culture is unparalleled in our industry. The firm management encourages the pursuit of professional development and career growth through training programs, lunch time technical sessions, and participation in professional memberships.
EPS is a well-established industry-leader with all the flexibility of a small company. Our team is comprised of specialists in public finance, real estate development, land use and transportation planning, government organization, and computer applications.
About the Role
The Senior Land Use Economist will participate in the management and leadership of our growing firm. The successful candidate will
- Collaborate with the broader EPS leadership and staff on a variety of projects related to real estate feasibility, revitalization/redevelopment, public finance, fiscal and economic impacts, land use policy, and regional economic development.
- Work with a range of analytical methods and computer models
- Pursue new project leads through both the RFP process and professional relationships
- Plan and execute a diverse array of consulting assignments which includes conducting rigorous analysis, preparing clear deliverables, representing the Firm during client interactions (including public presentations, as necessary), and adhering to project budget and schedule commitments.
- Hire, train, and mentor junior staff
You possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Master’s degree in economics, city and regional planning, public policy, public administration, business administration, or another related field (or bachelor’s degree and substantial work experience)
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- A solid understanding of the real estate development process
- Project Management
- Familiar with the Los Angeles area
EPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EPS offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a flexible work environment.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about EPS visit us at www.epsys.com.