Senior Transit Planner
Transportation Management & Design is seeking an experienced transportation planner to fill an opening in its Carlsbad, CA office.
Transportation Management and Design is a company of transit planners dedicated to making transit an attractive option for people's everyday travel needs. For nearly thirty years, TMD has collaborated with transit agencies around the nation to improve the quality of transit service.
Principal duties for the Senior Planner position may include but are not limited to:
- Performing transit planning tasks including market research, data collection, data analysis, technical writing, and preparation of deliverables including maps, reports, and presentations.
- Developing recommendations for transit systems including route and network restructuring, changes in operating practices, implementing new transit products, or managing transit performance.
- Overseeing day-to-day task work and project management duties that include project scheduling/budgeting, mentoring and training entry-level staff, and client interaction.
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Have prior transit planning experience related to the areas listed above
- Be able to successfully perform/oversee project work
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, and be conversant with transit system issues and opportunities.
TMD is seeking applicants with a Bachelors or Masters degree in Planning or a related field, with two to ten years of experience in a transportation planning position. Domestic travel will be required.
Salary: DOQ, Competitive Benefits Package