Urban / Land Use Planner
ISG is seeking an experienced Urban / Land Use Planner to provide urban planning for municipal and commercial clients, master planning, and urban design services. ISG is a multidisciplinary firm specializing in innovative architecture, engineering, environmental, and planning services. ISG has a rich history, which extends over 40 years, of building trusting relationships while fostering collaboration between the firm’s 12 focus markets and 230+ professionals. This true and responsive expertise ensures superior project completion and an invigorating, empowering environment.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding and application of analyses, mapping, and reports related to urban design and community planning
- Manage and mentor team of staff
- Develop and prepare design documents including design guidelines, maps, reports, comprehensive and local plan packages, and presentation materials
- Review, prepare and implement zoning ordinances and requirements to support projects
- Lead project public engagement workshops and presentations
- Conduct field observations, gather data and research and produce comprehensive, critical analyses from them
- Participate in marketing presentations and client meetings
- Utilize your professional and personal network to develop business
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 8 years of experience working for a public entity or a consultant
- AICP certification or ability to obtain in 6 months required
- A professional degree in urban design or urban planning
- Proficiency in hand sketching and rendering, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, ESRI ArcGIS, and Microsoft Office
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication and analytic skills
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects amongst cross-discipline teams with competing priorities
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit, SketchUp, Spatial Analyst, and Network Analyst
- Master’s Degree
- Experience writing industry papers and presenting as an expert at conferences
- Knowledge of active transportation principles
Above all else, our team members are expected to have a positive, can-do attitude and be flexible as to job responsibilities. Our environment is fast-paced and we welcome individuals who are capable and interested in being a part of a progressive firm with regional and national-level clients.
For further information about ISG please visit us online at: www.is-grp.com.