SB Friedman Development Advisors is a development consulting firm with a mission to guide and enable our clients to create high-quality places through the practice of real estate economics, development finance and urban planning. The firm assists in the planning and implementation of complex real estate development projects. We work closely with our clients to evaluate development potential and financial and business impacts; project market and financial feasibility; identify innovative public-private development solutions; and prepare implementable development strategies.
SB Friedman has been recognized as one of the few consulting companies that truly understands both the public and the private perspectives on development issues. Clients include the Cities of Chicago and Milwaukee, numerous suburbs and other public bodies, not-for-profit institutions, and private developers. Responsibilities Associates are responsible for research, quantitative and qualitative analysis, data synthesis, presentation of findings, and technical writing (including memoranda and reports). As Associates are routinely assigned to multiple projects at any given time, candidates should have demonstrated ability to sift, organize, and synthesize various data in a timely manner and draw reasonable conclusions and/or recommendations from the data analysis.
Requirements of Position Candidates must have a graduate degree in urban planning, business or real estate and demonstrate:
- Exceptional quantitative analysis skills, particularly using Microsoft Excel
- Strong writing ability
- Strength in oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Detail orientation and accuracy
- Commitment to community revitalization and economic development
In addition, successful candidates will have academic and professional experience in areas relevant to our practice, such as:
- Demographic and economic analysis
- Public finance and tax projections • Real estate market analysis
- Real estate financial analysis/feasibility
The following additional skills and experience are desirable for Associate candidates:
- Strength in oral communication and presentations
- Experience with GIS and Esri Business Analyst
- Experience with IMPLAN and/or similar tools
The firm supports the professional growth of its staff and encourages all professionals to become active in professional and trade organizations.
Salaries and benefits are competitive, based on experience, and are augmented by performance-based bonus compensation.
All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, gender identity, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Please respond by submitting the following via email:
- Cover letter
- Written sample of your professional work
- Writing samples should be primarily authored by the applicant; if a team project is submitted, clearly indicate the responsibilities and contributions of the applicant. Incomplete submittals or submittals in other formats may not be considered or reviewed.