Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager - Multi Family Residential
The Destination Sales and Marketing Group (DS&MG) is a mobility management company located in the urban village of Rosslyn in Arlington, VA. DS&MG has been in the industry since 1998 and has earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that creates innovative programming with measurable results. We are contracted with local jurisdictions to operate and manage Arlington Transportation Partners, BikeArlington, WalkArlington, goDCgo, Mobility Lab as well as Capital Bikeshare and DC Circulator marketing. We offer our clients a comprehensive suite of services to support successful transportation initiatives. We provide our diverse staff of consultants, designers and managers with an innovative and varied working environment; competitive salaries and benefits.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be working on the Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP) program focusing on building level transportation initiatives. ATP makes it easy for organizations and properties located in Arlington County to meet County development requirements and offer transportation benefits to their tenants and residents. These include transit programs, bicycle facilities, carpool and vanpool initiatives, Capital Bikeshare, car sharing, transportation information displays and active transportation amenities.
The Business Development Manager for ATP's Multi-Family Residential program will report to the Property & Development Services Program Manager. The individual will spend 75% of their time reporting on and ensuring County-approved site plan requirements are being implemented at both new and existing site plan properties. These duties include maintaining and improving relationships with both a current client base and prospect property managers and owners in Arlington County. 15% of the candidate's time will be spent working strategically with other programs and contracts in the office to create collateral, sales campaigns and client communication. Additionally 10% of time will be spent tracking and reporting on countywide activities and impacts.
A strong candidate will have initiative and desire to work in a collaborative team environment while meeting development deadlines and achieving individual and company sales goals. Must be comfortable contacting clients and prospects via meetings, phone calls and email.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assist with the creation of client specific sales & outreach campaigns
- Educate and train property managers on site plan requirements and/or local transportation services
- Assist with the implementation of resident and employee transportation programs per site plan requirements
- Organize and attend transportation related events
- Work with the team by providing content for collateral, newsletters, & social media
- Database entry for tracking & reporting activities
- Keep current with industry issues by participating in trainings, webinars & industry conferences
- Work with other organizations and form partnerships within the region to promote transportation options
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-4 years' experience in property management, real estate, urban planning or outreach/engagement in an office environment ideal
- Marketing, advertising or communications knowledge helpful
- Documented presentation skills
- Demonstrated writing ability
- Proficiency in MS Office and database management
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should send their cover letter and resume to ATPjobs@transpartners.com with the subject line of "Business Development Manager, Multi Family Residential."